Last week, my up to that point favorite Twitter client Tweetdeck started to act strange, so I decided to give some alternatives a try. I searched the internet for reviews and stumbled upon DestroyTwitter. It may sound a bit strange, but it’s definitely one of the better Twitter clients out there. Like a lot of other Twitter clients it’s using Adobe AIR and runs on Windows, Linux and Mac.
So, what makes DT different?
- Low memory usage: approx. 48.000K, TweetDeck uses 82.000K for example
- Highly customizable: you can not only change the colors by using themes, you can also choose between a compact and wide UI. The latter shows Home, Replies and Messages at once.
- It’s fast: ok, this is highly subjective, since I haven’t made any benchmark tests, but it seems to response faster than the other clients I tried
- Built-in search: DT has a built in Search tab that allows you to search on Twitter without accessing the browser
- Aside from all that, DT just looks and works great. If you are looking for another Twitter client, you should check DestroyTwitter a try.